Member Login

Lost your password?

Registration is closed

Sorry, you are not allowed to register by yourself on this site!

Archive for the ‘community’ Category

 Page 2 of 3 « 1  2  3 »

To everything there is a season…except learning

What the best and wisest parent wants for his own child, that must the community want for all of its children. Any other ideal for our schools is narrow and unlovely; acted upon it destroys our democracy. – John Dewey (1900, p. 3) I am by no means the best or wisest parent. However, lately, […]

The Logic of “Our” Arguments

Those with whom I network for learning purposes through Twitter, blogs, Nings, etc. are largely members of an amorphous educational technology community.  That community is fond of throwing around terms like “change” and “reform” connected to schools or education and most often the “change” or “reform” is largely related to advances in technology. The gist […]

The Politics of Education: Blogging, Tagging, Etc.

I’m teaching a course called The Politics of Education to an awesome group of our doctoral students this semester. The wiki/syllabus (a living, breathing document) is located HERE. You can participate and help my students’ (and my own) learning in a couple of ways. First, tagging…anything that you think might be related to what the […]

EBC ’09 musings #1: The time(s) and place(s) for backchannels

There’s a bit of irony that I’m writing this given that Scott McLeod got on my case this morning for having my head in my Blackberry too much.  I’m glad he did that.  Here’s why… I’m disconcerted that we’re here at Edubloggercon ’09 which is billed as an unconference where conversations happen.  The goal is […]

“Here Comes Everybody”-style Boycott

OK, folks, I need your help. Back in February 2008, my wife bought me a Slacker Portable Player for my birthday. It cost $250. Slacker had very recently released the player and I thought it was the perfect device for me since I don’t have many mp3’s, have very few CDs I’d want to rip, […]